Eating Disorder Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

doctor rant

2 posters

Go down

doctor rant Empty doctor rant

Post by Samzi Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:09 am

So last Spring I went to the dr for meds after many months of putting it off. As usual I only stayed on the for about 2 or 3 months. I've been fine aside from the occasional depression that comes from BPD cycles. However, what isn't fine is my anxiety. I finally ran out of the Xanax that I was taking only when things were really bad. I called my dr back home and asked if she could refill it or write me a new script for a shirt term because I don't have a doctor down here yet. I've been told no. I explained that things were getting rough and it was going to take a while to get a doctor down here that I like and to have my old files sent to the new dr etc and she said that my only options were go to a new doctor or to make an appointment and have Joe drive me the 2 hours back home for it. I've been going to the same office for 20 years, this is a new lady I delt with and even though the other drs in the office have known me for 20 years and know I don't ask for anything unless it is serious....

FUCK THIS. I only take it when my anxiety is causing me to get physically ill and I can't find anyone who can recommend me a good doctor, let alone that I'd have to trust one instantly in order tot ell them what is going on. I'm not a happy camper.
Samzi
Samzi

Back to top Go down

doctor rant Empty Re: doctor rant

Post by blackrainbow Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:04 pm

Is there anyone else that you can speak to at that doctors office? I know it's going to be really hard, but you need to find a doctor near you. Explain to them that you were on xanax and you need some more but that you find it difficult to talk about things. Could Joe come with you?
blackrainbow
blackrainbow
Admin

http://blackrainbow60.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down