Eating Disorder Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Having a small rant

+2
lalalouise
LRT
6 posters

Go down

Having a small rant  Empty Having a small rant

Post by LRT Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:08 am

I am sick and tired of having my every move watched and questioned by people around me, I have to justify everything I am doing to people around me. Is this how it's going to be for the rest of my life ??

My friend has threatened to call my psychologist tomorrow, why ? because I showed some interest in inch loss wraps on Facebook.

My life sucks !!!
LRT
LRT

Back to top Go down

Having a small rant  Empty Re: Having a small rant

Post by lalalouise Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:34 am

Ahh thats not fair at all. You are an adult and can make your own decisions. I guess from there point of view they are just looking out for you and your health, but having someone there constantly is very annoying i know!

Can you tell them to back off? Tell them its making you feel like you cant breathe or something?

lalalouise

Back to top Go down

Post by blackrainbow Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:47 am

I agree with Louise. Your friend should be more supportive. I would only intervene if I believed you were in danger. Otherwise, it is for you to manage your own health. Would she get involved if she found out you had say a urine infection and didn't take all of your antibiotics? Of course not. I'm sure she's just worried, but gently ask her to back off
blackrainbow
blackrainbow
Admin

http://blackrainbow60.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LRT Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:15 am

I even explained that it wasn't for weight loss, just for a confidence boost, she told me to stop being stupid, well I feel stupid all time, now feel even more stupid, so yeah, I'm just stupid.

She then went to say how she felt that she thinks my head is in the wrong place again, mentally, then she went to say how she understands why I developed an eating disorder with all the pressure to be thin, which proves she hasn't listened to me, it's not about being thin, it's about control for me. I haven't slept in about 4 weeks and all people keep saying is are stressed.

Do you know what I don't care if she calls my pyschologist tomorrow.

If people continue to treat me like a child then I will start acting like one .
LRT
LRT

Back to top Go down

Post by Weightlessgummiez Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:16 am

I know how that is, and im sorry you have to deal with it too <3 try to ignore it, they just care, I know its frustratin and over whelming but they'll eventually tone it down

Weightlessgummiez

http://www.tumblr.com/dashboard

Back to top Go down

Post by blackrainbow Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:46 am

She thinks your ED is to do with being thin? Was she dropped on her head or something? I'm sorry that she's being like that. Let her call whoever she wants, you know where you are mentally more than anyone else. We can all offer an opinion, but you know deep down in yourself what's what. Just trust in yourself xx
blackrainbow
blackrainbow
Admin

http://blackrainbow60.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Elsa~ Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:11 am

I know people mean well, but sometimes they can be more harmful than helpful. I'm sorry she's not "getting it" LRT - that can be really frustrating!! (((hugs)))
~Elsa~
~Elsa~

Back to top Go down

Post by Fattie Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:53 pm

The other day, while talking to my bf about my ED, I've said "You have to get it in order to understand it!" Then I explained about the need for control and everything else... He said "But your life now is being controlled by a single person - you! Why can't you get over it and just eat? Just this small bite? Please?"

That being said, I know how you feel... People trying to control you by threatening they'd call someone or do something just reinforce your need to control at least one thing in your life... Strangely, all of us here had chosen our weight/food intake/purging - or anything along that line...

Fattie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down