Eating Disorder Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I left home last night and an update on my life

4 posters

Go down

I left home last night and an update on my life Empty I left home last night and an update on my life

Post by Samzi Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:46 pm

Joe (boyfriend) and I have been talking, and a number of times he has offered me a long-term place to stay if I need to get away from my home life. Last night I decided, after talking to a few people, that I just needed to get out. Joe's roommate is so understanding (as are all of his friends) and is giving me time to find a job before asking me to start paying (an insanely low) rent. Joe stayed up despite having to work early today, to hold me while I cried and to remind me of all the amazing things I have to give to this world.

Pretty much, my parents have been treating me like a broken 15 year old for years. They have talked down to me, mocked my mental health, told me I am just a bitch, lazy, that I only use people. They told me more than once that I have no respect for anyone. They have told me I am not to leave the house for any kind of fun until I find a job, and that I am to sign my paychecks entirely over to them. They are the reason I have no car, because they snatched it out from under me one day. I am tired of walking on eggshells, tired of pleasing people that can't be happy with me or see how far I have come. My mom last night mocked my decision to convert to Catholicism from being an atheist, telling me I am "losing touch with reality" and becoming a "religious freak" Living in that house, in that town where no one cares has spiraled my depression, my anxiety, the pressures on me to be perfect completely out of control more than once.

I know it will not be easy, I have nothing but a small amount of personal things and clothes, but I want to be able to make it on my own. I know I have the drive and ability. I'm also surrounded by people who care and love me now.
Samzi
Samzi

Back to top Go down

I left home last night and an update on my life Empty Re: I left home last night and an update on my life

Post by blackrainbow Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:56 am

I think it's a very brave decision. I know you'll thrive by having your own space and not being in your parents' shadow. You'll probably make some mistakes along the way too, but that's all part of the moving out process. It's not all easy, but it is so worth it.
I hope that with a bit of distance between you, you can heal the relationship with your parents. I get on so much better with my mum since we stopped living together.
I'm sure you'll get on great, find a brilliant job and be happy. What about your health care though? I don't understand your system fully, but I'm assuming you were on your parents insurance? Do you have enough pills and stuff? It's going to be a stressful and scary time as much as it's going to be exciting.
I'm really pleased for you and I'm so amazed by how far you've come and everything positive you are doing in your life xxx
blackrainbow
blackrainbow
Admin

http://blackrainbow60.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

I left home last night and an update on my life Empty Re: I left home last night and an update on my life

Post by lalalouise Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:05 pm

Its sounds the best thing for you. You shouldn't have to put up with that from your mum. It sounds like a hostile environment and your better off with your bf. And like Lorna said, you might be able to have a better relationship now you are out of the house (thats if you want to repair the relationship, im not quite sure i would be as understanding of them if it was my mum mocking me all the time). I hope you feel better and that you can breathe abit easier now you are living with Joe. You deserve happiness. Smile

lalalouise

Back to top Go down

Post by Samzi Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:05 am

My health insurance is going to run out at the end of the year, however because of the way it is set up I'm not going to use it because it would all get billed to my mother. There are a few options I've come up with if I can't find a job with good insurance ranging from getting on my boyfriend's insurance somehow to applying for government insurance. Pretty much I'm going to try to do without for as long as possible.

We are working on getting my address changed to his mum's place because the lease at the apartment is written weird. So in order to not have to up their rent or be forced to move into a bigger apartment (and thus even more rent) I spoke with Joe's mom and she said it is fine to use her address for my mail so I'm just seen as a guest and not a resident at the apt complex.

After I get all my missing papers settled (I need to get a copy of my birth certificate and social security card) then I'll be on the hunt for a job. Luckily there is public transit where I moved to so I can get anywhere in town and to Washington DC easily without a car.

As for the relationship, in time I hope I can sit down with my parents and talk things out with them. I'm not sure though. Only time will tell.

Until then, I'm getting happier. I'm starting to see that getting back on my feet won't be so hard since everyone around here is being so helpful and supportive.
Samzi
Samzi

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Elsa~ Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:02 pm

Oh how very brave, Sami!! (((hugs))) You can totally do this!!! Getting far, far away from my family was the best thing I ever did. It sucks, because they *should* be our biggest supporters, but clearly that isn't always the case.
~Elsa~
~Elsa~

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down