Eating Disorder Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What exercise have you done today?

+3
blackrainbow
LRT
NomiStar
7 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

What exercise have you done today? - Page 2 Empty Re: What exercise have you done today?

Post by blackrainbow Thu May 10, 2012 4:05 am

Yay for swimming Very Happy And much easier on your poor little legs

blackrainbow
Admin

http://blackrainbow60.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

What exercise have you done today? - Page 2 Empty Re: What exercise have you done today?

Post by lalalouise Fri May 11, 2012 5:28 am

It was fun Smile

Went to the gym and battered my legs again today though, managed 20 mins of running before i thought i would cry, then went onto the stepper for half hr, then the toning plate. Smile

lalalouise

Back to top Go down

Post by lalalouise Fri May 11, 2012 10:44 pm

Walked on the treadmill at incline 15 for 30 mins, stepper for 35 mins and bike for 15 mins.

lalalouise

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Elsa~ Fri May 11, 2012 11:59 pm

Yesterday - 90 minutes intervals on the treadmill, 1 hour pilates reformer session.

Today - 90 minutes intervals on the treadmill. Now I'm off to take a hot bath and then a good stretch. Yesterday's pilates shredded me. Ugh. Kill me now please.

Louise, can you switch to swimming, biking and yoga/pilates for a bit until your legs feel better? You can still get a good burn, but without the impact. Or swap out some fruit for some protein so your body has what it needs to rebuild? One or the other would be good, both would be better. Being injured sucks. Sad
~Elsa~
~Elsa~

Back to top Go down

Post by lalalouise Sun May 13, 2012 1:24 am

I love swimming but im on my period at the minute so i cant go. Sad But i just love running and seeing all the calories ive burned from it, its hard not to choose machines that wont hurt my legs because i feel i lose more weight on them.

Today, i burnt 1700 cals at the gym. A new record for me. Smile

lalalouise

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Elsa~ Sun May 13, 2012 2:19 pm

Wow, that's great Louise! And yeah, I'm all about the numbers too . . . interesting because I suck at, and hate, math, lol.

90 minutes of intervals, 30 min yoga/stretching.

Earlier in the week I took a pilates reformer private lesson. Very cool, but she kept complimenting my body and my posture, and that just makes me uncomfortable. I really wanted her to shut up.
~Elsa~
~Elsa~

Back to top Go down

Post by lalalouise Fri May 18, 2012 1:34 am

Burnt 1220 at the gym today by using the stepper, treadmill and bike. Smile

I want to take up pilates, might have to be a youtube job though lol.

lalalouise

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Elsa~ Fri May 18, 2012 5:01 am

Great job, Louise! Pilates is killing me. My core was completely shot - no abs left - and this is so hard. I hope I survive getting them back.

I did my 90 minutes, but my calories weren't where I want them. Time to push a bit harder, I guess. Ugh.

I have a skating lesson tomorrow. I want to cancel, but I canceled last week - not nice to do that to him again. My heart just isn't in it though. *sigh*
~Elsa~
~Elsa~

Back to top Go down

Post by lalalouise Fri May 18, 2012 9:42 pm

Yeah, my calories weren't the best today either. Only burnt 700 at the gym before i was in pain with my legs. Grr.

lalalouise

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Elsa~ Sat May 19, 2012 10:44 am

Do you have anything you can take that would help? Advil or something? Advil makes me happy (but is probably destroying my liver).

I didn't up my speed or mileage today because of my skating lesson. It's hard enough to skate after running as it is. I couldn't take that extra bit out of myself before a lesson. I'll do it tomorrow. Today was the same as yesterday. I went for 10 minutes before I realized my heart rate monitor wasn't recording - I hate that.

Skating actually went pretty well, except for one thing - my coach showed up with a protein shake for me "because I know you ran and didn't eat breakfast." *sigh* It was a sugar free/carb control thing so the calories weren't bad (about 1/3 of an ensure), but still - nasty (a couple shots of espresso would've helped tongue ). When we were changing out of our skates, he tossed a three more in my skate bag and told me "don't show up for another lesson without some sort of protein in your system." I'm torn - somewhere between annoyed at him for doing it, glad he sort of redeemed himself for the earlier comment about restricting being good, and impressed it wasn't sugar loaded. It's a good thing we get along so well, or I'd be turbo pissed. Guess I'll be making my lattes with fudge flavored protein shakes on skating mornings. *gag* I told him I'd skate Mon/Tues/Thurs next week, with a lesson on Thurs. It's going to be a busy week.
~Elsa~
~Elsa~

Back to top Go down

Post by lalalouise Wed May 23, 2012 3:46 am

@Elsa, its good that he cares but it must be frustrating for you to have to drink extra calories. Those drinks scare me, i feed my service users Ensure, which is 400 calories for a tiny bottle, eek! Its better to have something in your system though incase you feel too weak to exercise.

Yesterday, i went running and then did some exercise on the machines at the gym.

Today, i did a 30 min run, went on the power plate and then went swimming.

lalalouise

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Elsa~ Wed May 23, 2012 1:03 pm

Louise, it is, but I'm trying to do it WITHOUT compensating for those calories (SO hard). On the bright side, the shakes are just 100 calories - so not so bad. They're 11 oz though and that seems like a lot.

My hip is trashed from skating, so I haven't upped speed or mileage on the treadmill. Sad I think I'm taking the rest of the week off from the rink - I need the treadmill calorie burn more. My husband wants me to go have it looked at, but I'm afraid they'll tell me to rest - and we all know THAT isn't in the plan.

How are your legs doing? Is it better being in the pool?
~Elsa~
~Elsa~

Back to top Go down

Post by lalalouise Thu May 24, 2012 11:32 pm

Ohh 100 cal isn't bad! You'll need them to help you recover quicker im guessing? You should rest from the treadmill, it hurts my hip when i run sometimes, you don't want to make it worse.

My legs are ok today, still a little pain in the right but ive always got it so i just grit my teeth and carry on. Yeah, i dont feel it in the pool but i don't feel like going swimming everyday like i do with the gym.

I did 35 mins running today and and 10 mins on the runner/stepper before the sun was calling me out of the gym haha.

lalalouise

Back to top Go down

Post by LRT Fri May 25, 2012 12:27 am

I'm starting the 30 day shred today Very Happy

So will do the first day later this evening
LRT
LRT

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Elsa~ Fri May 25, 2012 1:17 pm

LRT - the 30 day shred? OUCH! The impact on that is killer, but I do SO love Jillian! Good luck, and have fun! Smile

Louise - yes, for repair and recovery, and because I keep showing up at the rink *after* my runs - so all shaky and on empty. It's hard to hold good edges that way. Sorry your leg is still hurting - they look fab in your pic though! Smile

Today I did intervals, not as far and as fast as I wanted, but the hip pain eased up towards the end. Weird. Off the ice for now, sports med Dr apt on Tuesday - gah! Shocked
~Elsa~
~Elsa~

Back to top Go down

Post by blackrainbow Fri May 25, 2012 9:44 pm

About 40 minutes swimming with the leg float so I could only use my arms. Felt lovely to move
blackrainbow
blackrainbow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lalalouise Fri May 25, 2012 10:01 pm

Thanks Elsa Smile

Today, i did 15 mins on the treadmill (100 cal), 35 mins on the runner/stepper (400), 20 mins on the bike (100) and 15 mins on the cross trainer (200).

Then i came home and thought it would be nice to go for a run outside, so went round the roads and park. Bad decision, my legs hate me.

Now im deciding where to take my dog for a walk, the woods where its uphill or the beach where i could tan? Hmm. Smile

lalalouise

Back to top Go down

Post by lalalouise Tue May 29, 2012 6:16 am

Walked for 3 hrs today. Doesnt feel like anything, cant wait for the gym tomorrow.

lalalouise

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Elsa~ Tue May 29, 2012 8:53 am

I upped my mileage/speed. My hip isn't as bad as it was and I think I may cancel my Dr apt tomorrow. I don't want to go.
~Elsa~
~Elsa~

Back to top Go down

Post by blackrainbow Thu May 31, 2012 8:04 am

An hour swimming
blackrainbow
blackrainbow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lalalouise Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:11 am

Yesterday i burnt 700 cals by speedwalking on incline 15 on the treadmill, going on the crosstrainer, the running/stepper machine and the exercise bike.

I did the same today too.

lalalouise

Back to top Go down

Post by Samzi Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:51 am

Lots of mopping amd cleaning. I need to stop being so lazy and get back to a good workout plan.
Samzi
Samzi

Back to top Go down

Post by blackrainbow Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:30 am

I went to the gym this morning. I walked for 20 minutes but had to put the speed down because my back gave out and the pain went all through my leg. I did a few weights exercises - shoulders, traps, triceps. Only a short work out but better than nothing
blackrainbow
blackrainbow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lalalouise Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:14 am

I went for a run down the seafront yesterday too. Smile

Today, ive burnt 1074 cals at the gym from going on the treadmill (running), cross trainer, runner/stepper and the exercise bike.

lalalouise

Back to top Go down

Post by lalalouise Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:59 am

Today, 35 mins on the adaptive motion trainer (finally got a name for what ive been calling the running/stepper machine haha!) which burnt 410 cals, then cross trainer for 18 mins = 200 cals.

Actually did some abs workout today and the power plate afterwards.

lalalouise

Back to top Go down

Post by blackrainbow Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:01 pm

Went to the gym and walked for half an hour before I had to stop because it hurt too much Sad hate this. It's been almost 6 months now. I just want to be better already
blackrainbow
blackrainbow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next