Eating Disorder Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stopped taking my meds

3 posters

Go down

Stopped taking my meds Empty Stopped taking my meds

Post by blackrainbow Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:46 pm

Okay, so I genuinely misplaced them, but then I didn't even look for them. I know I am due to go back to the doctors and get some more, but at the moment I have no motivation to do that. I haven't taken them for maybe a week or possibly two now. I'm getting withdrawal, which is not at all nice, but the nausea is helping me to purge Embarassed I don't know what's going on with my head at the moment. I'm not even anti-medication, as long as it is prescribed correctly, which for me it was. I can feel my symptoms changing, maybe worsening, but I don't care. I feel like that is a good thing. Anyway, I need to go to the doctor's and get a new prescription, but I don't want to. I can't. Not at the moment and the reason is just so ridiculous. Arrgh, I frustrate myself so much at times.
blackrainbow
blackrainbow
Admin

http://blackrainbow60.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Stopped taking my meds Empty Re: Stopped taking my meds

Post by Samzi Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:29 am

You know you should get back on the meds so I dont really need to tell you that. Its really common from people woth mental health problems to abandon their medicine for whatever reason and all it does is really cause problems. The longer you wait the more damage you are doing to your head and the harder it is to make yourself go back and deal with the side effects that come from waiting too long to take them. Why have you been avoiding taking them?
Samzi
Samzi

Back to top Go down

Post by blackrainbow Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:26 am

I don't mind taking them, it's not the real issue. I will phone and make an appointment. The problem is that I had been seeing the same GP since I first went about my depression. He helped me a lot. And I ended up becoming attached to him. I rang for my appointment last week and was told he had left. I know it's not logical, but I feel abandoned. I saw another doctor last month, but I'm deliberately not liking any of the other doctors because 1. They're not him and 2. I don't want to get attached to anyone else.... I've told my husband now to remind me to book an appointment, so at least I'll have him on my back
blackrainbow
blackrainbow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by blackrainbow Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:16 pm

I found them this morning in my other bag and took them straight away. I will ring and make an appointment tomorrow once the surgery opens. I can feel the difference in me when I'm not on them and I don't like it.
blackrainbow
blackrainbow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fattie Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:56 am

Yay! I'm so glad you made this decision flower

Fattie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content