Eating Disorder Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

my meds

2 posters

Go down

my meds Empty my meds

Post by Samzi Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:06 am

I wanted to mention that I almost a month into my recent venture into medication. It took a long time to decide to go back on because of past negative experiences. I was honest with the DR about my bpd/bi polar and she was so helpful. I decided to not go on mood stabalizers because of the side effects so she gave me Celexa which is an SSRI. It was hell to get used to but I had not been depressed since. I have had sad days, but not like before where I don't get out of bed and cry for days. Also no weight gain. It's made my hypomanic episodes more frequent, but since they are short lived and rarely destructive both her and I are okay with just living with it. My sleeping is back to normal, and I am getting my'life back slowly.

She also gave me an as needed anxiety medicine, which was amazing. She is the first one to listen to me and believe how horrible my social anxiety is. The good news is that I have really only needed it 3 or 4 times instead of how horrible it was with having anxiety attacks everytime I left my house.
Samzi
Samzi

Back to top Go down

my meds Empty Re: my meds

Post by blackrainbow Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:17 am

Hey babe. I don't take my meds any more but I was on Celexa (I think) but we have a different brand name here. It was soooooo awful to get used to. I thought I was going to die from the side effects, but everyone I know says that. I'm so glad they're working for you, they really helped me and once I was used to them I never noticed any physical side effects. I don't know about weight gain because I only developed my ED after starting my meds, but looking at it, there were no unexplained bouts of weight gain. The only trouble I had was because the side effects are so slim, I sometimes thought 'oh the drugs aren't doing anything, I'll be ok to come off them for a bit' No way, big massive no, no. The side effects from cold-turkeying off of it were even worse than going on to it in the first place. But for now I'm really glad they're working for you. What dose are you on?
blackrainbow
blackrainbow
Admin

http://blackrainbow60.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Samzi Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:25 am

I missed a dose on accident and that day was hell, so I am making sure to faithfully take them. Aside from wanting to die while I got used to it, I only get side effects when I take it without eating now. I am o 20mg, which is the intro dose. They mentioned upping it but I don't think I will unless it stops helping. I don't want to be on it forever, but since it is helping, I've commited to keeping up and reassesing when I am in life in 6 mo ths.
Samzi
Samzi

Back to top Go down

Post by blackrainbow Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:42 am

That's really sensible. It takes a long time to build up fully in your body so you won't see the true results for some months. Once you're better established like a few months in if you do forget a day it won't be noticeable. I started on 20 and they put me up to 30 after a month. The only ongoing side effect I had (and so did my friend) was that it made me sweat a lot, which was not so nice. But I just made sure I altered my clothing and kept an antiperspirant in the car and at work. Did you discuss therapy? Your dr sounds lovely by the way
blackrainbow
blackrainbow
Admin

http://blackrainbow60.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down