Eating Disorder Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

painfull scars?

4 posters

Go down

painfull scars? Empty painfull scars?

Post by Samzi Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:13 pm

So I had a thing like a month back that led to a few days of bad si. I hadnt done it in a long time.

My point in some of the scars itch real bad and one on my thigh sometimes feels like it is ripping open. The one that hurts took 3 weeks to scar over. Sometimes after sitting a certain way for a while or waking up, movin my leg feels like its pulling open.

Has either the long term pain or itching happened to you? Honesly with so many si years behind me [over 19] i cant remember ever feeling this.
Samzi
Samzi

Back to top Go down

painfull scars? Empty Re: painfull scars?

Post by blackrainbow Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:17 pm

I had a big cutting session before Christmas and I did one big one sort of at the top of my bum cheek and that one was painful for ages. They all were itchy, but the bigger ones stayed itchy for longer and that one biggest one used to pull if I moved a certain way. If I cut in places that I'm going to be moving a lot like near joints then they tend to take longer to heal and be more painful. As long as there's no infection in there, it should get better in time. How deep was it? All of mine are superficial so the scarring is never too bad. If you have a deeper scar, like you would get say from an operation, that will hurt for a looong time. I have some accidental scars that hurt for years after the accident
blackrainbow
blackrainbow
Admin

http://blackrainbow60.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Samzi Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:10 am

I've read up on them and apparently it's normal because some of them were really deep, causing raised scars and on my upper thigh. Putting cocoa butter lotion on is seeming to help.
Samzi
Samzi

Back to top Go down

Post by blackrainbow Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:55 am

The ones on my face that I got from my BMX accident hurt for years. I tried using Bio-Oil before my wedding because I was a bit concious of them showing up in the photos, but I gave up after a while
blackrainbow
blackrainbow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samzi Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:56 am

bio-oil is so expensive here. I used to get gel vitamin e caps and just break them open, I'll have to see if I've got any left, prolly not.

I didn't know you had any scars on your face, that would make me feel so self concious.
Samzi
Samzi

Back to top Go down

Post by blackrainbow Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:56 am

Yeah Bio-Oil is soooo pricey. I bought the own brand one lol. You can't see them too bad. I went over the handlebars of my BMX on the dirt track. My helmet took most of the damage but I scraped along on my face and have some scarring on my chin and under my nose. Sometimes people think I've got ink or dirt on my face because the pebbles and stuff got into the wound and it's like a tattoo scar I think they call it. Not overly noticeable though
blackrainbow
blackrainbow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lalalouise Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:41 am

Lorna, bio oil is £7 from Wilko. Smile

lalalouise

Back to top Go down

Post by blackrainbow Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:57 am

How big is the bottle? I shall give this further investigation seeing as once my scab goes I will have 'fail' scarred onto my hip
blackrainbow
blackrainbow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lalalouise Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:46 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 60ml. Smile

lalalouise

Back to top Go down

Post by MeWithAn_ED Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:41 am

When I cut with knives and scissors, they left my skin super inflamed/red/raised. Probably because they were so dull, I was pressing down harder and it was super irritating on my skin. They were red longer and took forever to heal, not to mention were itchy as shit.

Switched to a razor and it gives me clean cuts that heal super quickly. The scars from two Fridays ago are nearly gone. They also don't raise, get red, or inflamed.

(I'm kind of worried that I made this discovery as it's completely enabling...)
MeWithAn_ED
MeWithAn_ED

Back to top Go down

Post by blackrainbow Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:20 am

Don't get hooked on razors. They're appealing for all the reasons you've listed, but soon enough it won't be enough. You'll realise you can go deeper and it will be easier. Before you know it you'll have a serious cut and the scars won't go away. I still have a ten year old pentacle on my chest from a razor blade. NOT classy.
blackrainbow
blackrainbow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samzi Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:13 pm

Yeah pretty much I have raised red scars from razors that can't be hid with tanning or makeup. and a million light white ones and a few lighter brown ones from razors. Its terrible. So eady to go deep or cut a lot more with something like razor.
Samzi
Samzi

Back to top Go down

Post by MeWithAn_ED Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:31 am

Shit. That scares me.
MeWithAn_ED
MeWithAn_ED

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down