Eating Disorder Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Purging, dehydration, cigarettes and everything in between.

2 posters

Go down

Purging, dehydration,  cigarettes and everything in between. Empty Purging, dehydration, cigarettes and everything in between.

Post by ivyaintblue Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:39 pm

So last night I woke up feeling well ... weird. I got up to use the bathroom and nearly fainted. I thought that it was just my body being funky because I just got put back on birth control. But I noticed that I barely any pee came out when I went to use the bathroom (gross, I know). I KNEW what it was, I was so dehydrated all day which was a result of the 2 times I purged the night before and the large meal I purged prior to getting settled in for the night. Dehydration sucks, I haven't felt that way in a very very long time.

Anyway, I'm trying to quit smoking and I normally smoke immediately after purging which Burns my throat to hell but doesn't bother me all that much. Does this happen to anyone else that smokes or is that just me? Its quite painful :/ and plus I feel drained after purging and depressed so this just adds to it all.
ivyaintblue
ivyaintblue

http://twitter.com/KhoriIsAwesome

Back to top Go down

Purging, dehydration,  cigarettes and everything in between. Empty Re: Purging, dehydration, cigarettes and everything in between.

Post by Fattie Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:44 am

I don't purge in the regular sense. My "purging method of choice" is exercise. If I can spare time (or if I can't, I'll get it by cutting sleep), I'd spend 3-4 hours on stationary bike - often in sauna suit. So, being dehydrated is a known thing for me. However, if you take a low-cal re-hydrating drink (some sports drinks or even solution you buy at pharmacy), it can help a lot.

Have in mind that the body needs proper hydrating in order to function properly. Now, I know that the last thing that comes into an ED-infested mind is health, but we need to survive, right? Smile

Fattie

Back to top Go down