Eating Disorder Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I don't understand whats happening? Please help

2 posters

Go down

I don't understand whats happening? Please help Empty I don't understand whats happening? Please help

Post by luminabe Sun May 13, 2012 8:01 am

A little info: I'm an 18-year-old girl, 5'1", and I've finally recognized that I have eating disorder. And its getting worse, like I actually have a mix of them now.

Just a couple months ago, I was fluctuating between 85-90 lbs for several months, maybe a yearish. I was eating between 600-700 calories a day, mostly of vegetables, and running at least 45 minutes 3-4 times a week.

Out of nowhere, I've started binging. I have a really weird eating pattern: I get unbelievably hungry at around 2-3am, like starving. Its crazy. I'm so hungry, I believe, because I make up for eating so much at those hours by not eating all day and telling myself I'll just resist at night. I overdose on melatonin tablets and sometimes cold medicine on top to try and knock myself out and eat at normal hours again...doesn't work.

I've now tasted things I didn't eat before and can't stop craving them, its awful. And I have really good self control! I'm now 107lbs, gaining weight crazy fast and hard. I'm panicking and now doing really bad things...like making myself throw up, eating until I feel like I'll explode at night, starving myself during the day, and over exercising; I'm now running at least an hour almost every day. I've actually ordered diet pills, and I SO know better, they're an easy way out, I know. I just can't handle the weight gain! I feel fat and depressed, I never want to go out now.

Advice, comments, anything? Please help!

luminabe

Back to top Go down

I don't understand whats happening? Please help Empty Re: I don't understand whats happening? Please help

Post by lalalouise Mon May 14, 2012 5:25 am

If you recognise that you have an ED, do you feel like you want help with it? Or are you fully against recovery?

That happens to me, ill live on under 200 cal a day for one week, then the next ill go crazy and binge and once youve been on a 'fad diet' and go back to eating normally, you gain back the weight and more. Sad

Have you tried sorting your sleeping pattern out so you dont get up to binge in the early hours? Or you could eat little and often throughout the day so you dont feel the need to binge?

Also, 107lbs isnt fat, you shouldnt be so hard on yourself. Smile

lalalouise

Back to top Go down

I don't understand whats happening? Please help Empty Re: I don't understand whats happening? Please help

Post by blackrainbow Mon May 14, 2012 8:36 am

Definitely little and often will help with the binges. If you're not eating throughout the day, it's natural that you will binge at night. As I'm sure you know, purging is so bad for you and hopefully if you were binging less, you wouldn't purge as much either. Really, the reason you are doing it isn't because of food or your weight, it's because of your emotions. Try to recognise how you are feeling before you binge or whilst you are restricting your calories, so you can understand the link between your feelings and your behaviours. That way, you can break the habit. We're always here to listen and offer support with anything you're going through
blackrainbow
blackrainbow
Admin

http://blackrainbow60.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down