Eating Disorder Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead

3 posters

Go down

Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead Empty Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead

Post by savewater Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:12 pm

http://fatsickandnearlydead.com/

I watched this documentary yesterday afternoon (its on netflix watch instantly if you have it). I am completely amazed, it was very compelling. It shows these few people going on juice fasts, they have amazing weight loss as well as more energy, are able to get off medication, etc. It was a very good story about the people, and I think I'm sold on trying out the juicing thing. Also, shows how ridiculous Americans are about their eating habits (breaking news).

Basically, you don't eat, you drink juices made from just fruits and vegetables everyday for however long you're fasting. The main guy in the show does one for 60 days, a lady did 10, another guy started doing 10 then wanted to keep increasing it and eventually did 60 days. The people said the drink is pretty good, and it takes a ton of fruits and veggies to make these drinks, so they are very filling.

I know it would be tons of calories and stuff, but I generally don't feel calories coming from fruits and veggies are a bad thing. I would eat a raw food diet and eat as much as I want if I only had some dang will power. I think something like this could work for me. I restrict all day and it just leads to binging. I am seriously considering buying a juicer this weekend and going to the discount grocery to stock up on supplies. I want to test it out to see if I like it or if it works so I can plan a better garden this year to help.
savewater
savewater

Back to top Go down

Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead Empty Re: Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead

Post by lalalouise Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:07 am

I've been living on fruit for 3 days now and have lost 5lbs (along with exercise) Smile I generally limit myself to under 200 cals but with fruit you can get a lot out of it cant you! I don't make it into liquid though because i don't have a blender.

I bet it takes a lot of willpower, 60 days is a longgg time to go without proper food. I would just want to chew something!

lalalouise

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Elsa~ Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:22 am

I used to do a three day juice fast that worked really well, but juicing gets pretty labor intensive. I'm too lazy to do all that work for more than 3-4 days, lol. Razz

If you're going to do it, invest in a really good juicer. Ours was ultra spendy, but is fast, efficient and (relatively) easy to clean. We get much more juice out of a bag of fruit with this one (VERT something or other) than we did with the old one. You'll end up needing to buy less produce.
~Elsa~
~Elsa~

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down