Eating Disorder Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

would you want to live like this ?

5 posters

Go down

would you want to live like this ? Empty would you want to live like this ?

Post by LRT Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:03 am

I have been informed today that I am not allowed to cut gluten & wheat out of my diet, and that I have to live with these symptoms, Stomach Pain, bloating, headaches, very gassy, constipation, achy body, extreme tiredness and generally feeling unwell.

I have been on a gluten & wheat free diet for a couple of weeks, as I was told to do by a dietician and have had none of the above symptom and feel well.

Why the hell would I want to eat food that is making me feel ill ??
LRT
LRT

Back to top Go down

would you want to live like this ? Empty Re: would you want to live like this ?

Post by Fattie Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:38 am

Back when I was very little (2 years I think), my parents had noticed that I'm allergic on strawberries. I've gotten rash and everything, so they thought that I'll never eat them. But my grandpa said: let's get her desensitized!

So, the first day, I was given a miniscule slice - maybe 1/10 of a small strawberry. The next day, it was a bit more... Now, strawberries are my fav fruit.

So, of course, if you reintroduce anything too suddenly, you'll get the worst effects ever. How about starting small and building from that? Let's say a teaspoon of boiled wheat? And the next day few grains more...

Fattie

Back to top Go down

Post by blackrainbow Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:05 am

Who advised it? I know your dietician said about reintroducing it gradually. Is that the plan?
blackrainbow
blackrainbow
Admin

http://blackrainbow60.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LRT Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:35 am

The dietician advised this, and she said I will have no further appointments with her.
LRT
LRT

Back to top Go down

Post by blackrainbow Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:44 am

Huh? WTF? Why not? That's a bit sudden
blackrainbow
blackrainbow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LRT Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:01 am

she asked about my bowel movements and when I said I get constipated, she changed her tune and said to me You do not have a food intolerance if you did then you would have diarrhoea and you don't so no need to see you again.

Last week she said I really sensitive to it and might need a stomach biopsy, this week, I was made to feel like I was wasting her time and that there is nothing wrong.

I will not be mentioning this again to my psychologist, I get the impression she doesn't believe me, just sick and tired of everything if I'm honest

LRT
LRT

Back to top Go down

Post by blackrainbow Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:13 am

I don't know what else to suggest other than seeing another dietician, but I guess you'd have to pay for a private one and I doubt that's cheap... Is it a good idea to carry on with the wheat/gluten free diet? I think your therapist wouldn't want you to do that though. It's tricky. You have to do what's best for you though
blackrainbow
blackrainbow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LRT Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:48 pm

I have discussed it with my mum, I am going to reintroduce in small doses in sauces etc and see what happens, I am going to stay away from items that have high gluten levels like bread, pasta, cakes and biscuits and just use the gluten free products, like I have been doing.

My mum did say that if it's making feel ill, she would rather I ate foods that didn't make me feel ill, so going to reintroduce myself and take it from there.
LRT
LRT

Back to top Go down

Post by Samzi Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:46 pm

Sometimes introducing foods into our systems cause reactions like this, but it doesn't mean it will be permanent. I think your dieticion is a jerk for not knowing that, or atleast being understanding. A lot of studies on past long term starvation victims, not just ED, have a hard time with gluttons and meat products.

I think you should reintroduce slowly, over time and see how it works. There is no reason to make yourself sick, that will only turn you off those types of foods all together and harm your recovery. Maybe do a recipe with 1/4 regular gains and 3/4 glutton free in biscuits or something, or even an 1/8 regular glutton. Our bodies, essentially, need to be retrained on how to digest, and return the bacterias needed to digest.
Samzi
Samzi

Back to top Go down

Post by LRT Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:33 am

The dietician wasn't nice, kept saying things like can you eat sausages or are they too scary for you still, but not in a nice way, I was just hoping to have support from someone who knew what they doing whilst reintroducing gluten, but it appears not, so will have to it alone and see how I go. I am really hoping that it is just a case of my body having to get used to gluten again.
LRT
LRT

Back to top Go down

Post by NomiStar Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:26 am

I dunno what she's talking about because gluten triggers IBS in me, and that's constipation, very rarely diarrhea, but it's definitely the gluten. So she's silly. Can you find a different one to talk to?
NomiStar
NomiStar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum