Eating Disorder Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oh thursday....read for laughs

+2
blackrainbow
Samzi
6 posters

Go down

Oh thursday....read for laughs Empty Oh thursday....read for laughs

Post by Samzi Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:58 am

So It is 70F (21.1 C) here at 10 am and should rise to 80F (26.6 C) by midday, which btw it is still winter and the average temps are only 55 F (12.7 C) for this time of year. Been like this all week, god help me this summer if it doesn't level out.

Anyways, I tried yoga this morning. I did some as part of a lesson in my college health class for exta credit and remember scoffing at it. I figured it was no big deal and found a 30 minute lesson called "yin and yang" which had a rather misleading description of "a calming and gentle yoga session of two parts that is perfect for anyone from beginner to master as a morning wake up" Yin was easy, simple stuff, the things I did in college that I would call beginner. Then the flexible man, in his 50's switched to yang...aka prepare to not know what you are doing. I was twisting my body in ways I didn't know it could go, and putting chi in places I didn't know I had. I broke a hard sweat and pushed through it though.

Oh and in the middle of me in short shorts and a tank, sweating, in downward facing dog, the electric company guy knocks on the open screen door to let me know he is coming round to read the meter. I yell through my legs that its fine, that its on the outside by the basement and that he could let me know if he needs something. After he walked away, I had to pause the workout and go laugh in the bathroom about that for 5 minutes, and call my mom to tell her. bounce

How was your thursday morning?
Samzi
Samzi

Back to top Go down

Oh thursday....read for laughs Empty Re: Oh thursday....read for laughs

Post by blackrainbow Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:06 am

My Thursday morning? Sorry not as funny as yours Smile I was asleep all morning after work, got up went to Dave's parents house for lunch and just came home now. I used to do yoga in school it was good fun. I keep meaning to do the class at my gym but it's on a Sunday morning... maybe once my injury is healed
blackrainbow
blackrainbow
Admin

http://blackrainbow60.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by existentialgirl Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:35 am

Hahahaha nice! My Thursday morning consisted of waking up early to do laundry and falling asleep while waiting for it to be done in the washer, waking up to put it in the dryer, and falling asleep again until it was done. Not as funny as yours.

existentialgirl

Back to top Go down

Post by lalalouise Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:38 am

Haha, sounds fun. Smile My boyfriend wants to take up yoga, i was like you do realise you will probably be the only male in the class!

Got up early today to go into town with my mum, she picked some perfume out for mothers day. Im £50 down now lol! Then i went to uni to do some work. Going to the cinema later and possibly out for tea. Ill get through it! Smile

lalalouise

Back to top Go down

Post by NomiStar Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:24 am

That's funny. xD

On Thursday morning I went to the dietician, cried, did a media lesson. u_u
NomiStar
NomiStar

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Elsa~ Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:08 am

Oh Sami, that is funny! Yoga really puts you in some interesting and awkward positions, doesn't it? Good times. tongue

I really need to get back to it - was yours a DVD or an on-demand thing?
~Elsa~
~Elsa~

Back to top Go down

Post by Samzi Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:30 am

It was on-demand
Samzi
Samzi

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Elsa~ Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:35 am

Cool, thx! I don't know why I never look at those - I bet there's a ton of cool stuff there.
~Elsa~
~Elsa~

Back to top Go down

Post by Samzi Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:44 am

You can find everything for ten minute worouts to indoor walking routines and hour long dances and well...almost anything you could want
Samzi
Samzi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum