Eating Disorder Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Confused, recovered, but it's always still there

Go down

Confused, recovered, but it's always still there Empty Confused, recovered, but it's always still there

Post by RandiLee94 Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:12 am

Recovery is possible but it's an uphill battle. For me it took time, therapy, self work and restoring my faith in God. But it's still something I'm constantly working on. My EDs I struggled with were binge eating and bulimia. Now I rarely if ever purge, and my relationship with food is a lot healthier. I don't set my day around food, try best to not binge just because I'm emotional and try to deal with my feelings by journaling. I don't let food control me anymore. But things have gotten confusing, I have a lot of stomach issues now, maybe because of my purging. But I've become gluten and dairy intolerant, have an ulcer and IBS. So it limits what I can eat to a small amount. Anything I eat my stomach becomes bloated, I have stomach pains and have to go to the bathroom. It sucks not being able to eat all the foods i could before but also nice in a weird way, because I'm realizing yeah food is good but just eat to nourish your body. Eat to live not live to eat. But it became this thing where I didn't want to eat because everything I ate hurt my stomach, and now it's becoming this thing where I don't wanna eat because I want to be skinnier and a smaller tummy. I feel like just because I have these stomach issues it's a cop out because if they weren't there I may have an issue another ED forming. Like I love going to the gym but I know if I go to the gym I'd have to eat something after and I don't wanna go for the sole purpose I don't want to eat. I've never had a problem with anorexia and I don't consider myself anorexic, but I feel like a new ED may be taking form. My best friend also has EDs, bulimia and anorexia and she just got released from a recovery center. All she talks about is the ED and not wanting to eat and loose weight, she talks about her emotions and the whole recovery process and what it's like doing at home recovery. I rarely get triggered anymore but when she talks about this stuff in front of me it triggers me a lot because it's right in my face. She knows I've had problems with EDs but she thinks I'm all good and recovered. But no I'm not always okay. I'm a lot better now I've worked through a lot, but I still have those days. But I can't ask her to quit sharing can I? I'm her huge area of support in her life, but all it's doing is triggering me. She puts me on a pedestal thinking "wow if she can recover so can I". I don't know how to set boundaries a part of me just can't handle hearing it all the time. And it's setting me back. How should I handle this? Advice? All of her talk is starting to influence me in a negative way.

RandiLee94

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum