Eating Disorder Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi there

2 posters

Go down

Hi there Empty Hi there

Post by Josie Rainbow Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:18 pm

Hi there,
I have been struggling with eating disorders (officially) since I was about 14 (2001), when I started with what my family calls bulimic tendencies but I think it may have started a couple of years before that. I was the oldest girl in my class and while I understood why my body was changing, it scared me. I was scared because of the change, I don't deal very well with change. I have Asperger's Syndrome and I was diagnosed when I was 12.

I have never been diagnosed with an eating disorder as my family (as much as I love them) they tend to hide away difficult and embarrassing situations.

Anyway I was suffering what I would consider Anorexia Nervosa - Purging type. My family tended to watch what I was up to after dinner, so I just restricted, and then found a way to purge what I hadn't restricted. To make matters worse, I started boarding at my school soon after I started purging, and I remained a boarder there until I was nearly 19.

I was struggling on and off until about 2 and a half years ago, when things finally cleared up. Then last year, I started uni (it had been too much to worry about before hand when I was barely coping with the ED) and then because I also moved out of home and into privately rented student housing with a friend and two strangers, things started getting stressful, but I was fine until shortly after my birthday (in January) and then one of the housemates who does not really like us, started causing more trouble than usual and I started struggling with work and uni, and to top it all off, I started ballet (which is something that while it contributes to the ED, I have no intention of giving up, I love dancing). I started with the restricting again and recently after a fight with my sister, who lives closest to me (the rest of the family live on the other side of the world) I started purging again. I haven't told my friend, but I am afraid she might suspect anyway.

So that's my story,
Josie

Josie Rainbow

Back to top Go down

Hi there Empty Re: Hi there

Post by Samzi Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:20 am

Hey there! It's lovely that you opened up to us. I know that not many people visit this site anymore, but I'm glad you found it. If you want to talk just send me a PM (it gets forwarded to my e-mail) and I'll give you my contact info. I love dance, and I think it an amazing outlet for emotions. I'm sorry that you are struggling though. I'm 23 and have been struggling probably for 10 years and while I'm getting better...it's an on going battle.
Samzi
Samzi

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum