Eating Disorder Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Smear Test

4 posters

Go down

Smear Test Empty Smear Test

Post by blackrainbow Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:10 am

So, next month I will be 25, which means I have to go for my first cervical smear. I'm pretty nervous about it. I've heard it doesn't really hurt, but then I've heard it does. It's not so much the pain. It's the awkwardness of it... has anyone been for one? How did you find it?
blackrainbow
blackrainbow
Admin

http://blackrainbow60.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Smear Test Empty Re: Smear Test

Post by Fattie Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:51 am

Have you ever done throat smear? You know, when you have angina and they want to see what kind of bacteria is causing it, so you can get targeted antibiotic treatment?

Well, for me - throat smear is MUCH worse than Pap smear. The former induces gag effect, while the only problem with later could be cold speculum (which is as inconvenient as cold stethoscope on your back - but that's it).

I get my Pap smear annually (upon my request, although I'm in low risk category and could do it every 3 years). It's easier to treat something that MAY occur than something that HAD occurred and left there for who-knows-how-long...

Fattie

Back to top Go down

Post by LRT Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:53 am

I have had a smear and it is painless, I had no pain what so ever and I am the biggest weed when it comes to pain xx
LRT
LRT

Back to top Go down

Post by blackrainbow Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:40 am

Cool thanks ladies xx
blackrainbow
blackrainbow
Admin

http://blackrainbow60.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Samzi Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:33 am

I've only had one (though I'm supposed to go years and just haven't). It wasn't too weird, the lady asked me if I felt more comfortable with her staying quiet or explaining what she was doing as she was doing it. If you have a preference, make sure you request they don't talk to you at the beginning of the appointment. I don't remember any pain or anything at all
Samzi
Samzi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum