Eating Disorder Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Funeral

2 posters

Go down

Funeral Empty Funeral

Post by blackrainbow Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:44 am

Went yesterday to my grandmother's funeral... I don't even know what to say. Awkward and uncomfortable were the words mainly flying around. I went with my husband, my mum, my brother, my uncle (mum's brother) and auntie (uncle's wife). We weren't really welcome. We were invited, but wow were we not welcome. Lot's of stuff happened and more than that lots of stuff didn't happen or wasn't said that people thought should have... Anyway everyone was nice to each other's faces, but after our group left the church it was just open season on what we thought of people and what we thought about what went on. I understand everything that was said and a lot of it to be honest I agree with.
I just think it's really sad that things had to come to that. No matter what's gone on or what happened, someone is still dead. Obviously in our own ways and at some time, we all loved her or we wouldn't have been there. I don't even know what else to say other than it is just really sad. No one should die at 69 years old and no one expected it. If we knew, maybe things would be different, maybe everyone would have made peace. But probably not. It still would have happened. It's just a shame really. Make a point to make sure the people you love know about it. If they don't show it back or they don't feel it back, don't stop loving them. That's not why you do it.
blackrainbow
blackrainbow
Admin

http://blackrainbow60.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Funeral Empty Re: Funeral

Post by lalalouise Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:12 am

Im glad you got through it ok Lorna, besides all the awkwardness. Life is too short for grudges, and you normally dont realise that until something bad happens. Its a shame the other part of your family didnt realise that you had shown up to support them and pay respects to your grandmother. Maybe they was focusing on being unwelcoming in order to prolong their grieving, rather than focusing on the reason they are all there.

Im glad you got a chance to go to the funeral though, do you feel better for it?

lalalouise

Back to top Go down

Post by blackrainbow Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:23 am

I don't know really... I feel like I've got closer to one half of the family, but at the expense of losing the other half. But I never had them to lose really. Stuff like that just brings everything to the surface all the old issues and true feelings towards people.
She didn't have a lot of people at the funeral, so for her I'm glad I was there. And I know my granddad would have been hurt if we had not been there. So from that respect, I feel better for it.
blackrainbow
blackrainbow
Admin

http://blackrainbow60.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum