Eating Disorder Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pain in the bum!

4 posters

Go down

Pain in the bum! Empty Pain in the bum!

Post by blackrainbow Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:58 am

I saw my GP the other day about my coccyx fracture and she said the same thing they've been saying since I did it in January. 'This type of injury takes a few months to heal' 'How many is a few?' 'It's hard to say...' When I was discharged by my physiotherapist 2-3 months ago, she gave me the impression that it should be healed by now or at least improved, but apparently not. The first thing my GP said was 'Well the cold weather's coming, so that could make it worse' What do you mean? It's only June? This is meant to last until the winter?? She said it very well could do and as long as it doesn't get worse not to worry. Um well I am worried because I can't run, I can't cycle, I can't hula hoop and I can barely swim. Even the lady at the pool, who uses a mobility scooter doesn't have to swim with a leg float. I've never broken a bone in my life (and I've had a lot of nasty accidents and some even nastier 'accidents') and something simple as falling down the stairs, which I'm well-known for and this happens :'( Sorry to moan, I know other people have it worse. Just need to rant
blackrainbow
blackrainbow
Admin

http://blackrainbow60.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Pain in the bum! Empty Re: Pain in the bum!

Post by Samzi Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:06 am

Don't apologize for talking about it. I'd be just as frustrated as you if I were in that situation. Is there anything the GP can tell you to do or anything to help it heal faster? More physio maybe?
Samzi
Samzi

Back to top Go down

Post by blackrainbow Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:23 am

The manual therapy won't help any more. The acupuncture won't help any more. All I can do is keep up with the exercises I've got and basically just wait Sad I think I'll have to cancel my gym membership it's like £40 a month and I'm not using it now
blackrainbow
blackrainbow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lalalouise Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:48 pm

Aww Lorna i really hope it does heal. I cant imagine how frustrating it is for you, ill send healing thoughts your way!

£40 is excessive for the gym, i pay £27 for mine.

lalalouise

Back to top Go down

Post by blackrainbow Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:49 pm

When I joined it was £29 with my corporate discount but it's just gone up and up every year. And it's a crap gym too. That's London for you, I guess. It's the cheapest gym around cos it doesn't have a pool. I cancelled it last night. I'd rather just pay to go swimming it's only like £3 a pop
blackrainbow
blackrainbow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Elsa~ Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:22 pm

Oh Lorna, how frustrating!! Sad I think part of the challenge we run in to as a group, is that we don't consume enough of the right calories and nutrients for our bodies to repair themselves the way they should. Perhaps if we were all eating balanced diets, and meeting all our needs, we could clear up the nagging pain and injuries. Easier to say, than to do, I know. Sad
~Elsa~
~Elsa~

Back to top Go down

Post by blackrainbow Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:26 pm

Yeah, I think that's what's annoying me. I've always had strong bones and easily healed from injuries. I've had some nasty accidents and never broken anything. For a long time my chosen method of SI was to try and break a bone and I really, really tried but never succeeded. I'm convinced that my eating contributed to the injury yet I tell myself I can still carry on like this and it will get better because I'm taking a multi vitamin two or three times a week :/ ... another possible positive to recovery?
blackrainbow
blackrainbow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Elsa~ Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:42 pm

Maybe try taking the multi (and some calcium) daily, and adding some lean protein? That's what I'm trying to do, but I can't tell if it's working yet.
~Elsa~
~Elsa~

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum