Eating Disorder Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired, heavy workload and yet - no appetite?

2 posters

Go down

Tired, heavy workload and yet - no appetite? Empty Tired, heavy workload and yet - no appetite?

Post by Fattie Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:32 pm

So, as you all know, I'm moving to the apartment my boyfriend rents. That means lots and lots of packing, lifting, etc; plus my work had become super-busy and although I have grown from small to medium company recently, I still have quite a lot of work. Usually, with this kind of workload, my appetite would go through the roof...

However, I don't feel any need whatsoever to eat. Not even the regular, "empty stomach" feeling. Now, I know - that would be great if I could just be sitting around, doing much less than I do now... Yesterday I was carrying the box with my best crystal glasses (I gave an arm and a leg for them, but I just HAD to have them!) to the pile of boxes in the corner and I almost fainted!!! I've managed to gently put the precious box on the chair nearby and just sat on the floor...

My bunny had dragged his half-eaten apple and pushed it towards me... I know it's kinda icky, but I took several bites to raise my blood sugar. Then, I drank some Pepsi (regular!)... But whenever I try to eat, third bite seems as if I've been binging for two hours straight before that!

So, I didn't think I would ever ask a question like this, but... Any advice on raising my appetite? Embarassed

Fattie

Back to top Go down

Tired, heavy workload and yet - no appetite? Empty Re: Tired, heavy workload and yet - no appetite?

Post by blackrainbow Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:55 am

You need to eat. Once you start eating, your appetite will return. Make time to eat every 3-4 hours, even if it's just something small like an apple or a handful of nuts. Once your body knows to expect food on a regular basis, your hunger signals will return and you will be able to notice them. Once you're a little less stressed you will find your appetite comes back more than ever, so keep eating small amounts now to prevent a binge later on xxx
blackrainbow
blackrainbow
Admin

http://blackrainbow60.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Tired, heavy workload and yet - no appetite? Empty Re: Tired, heavy workload and yet - no appetite?

Post by Fattie Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:38 pm

So, I've moved and I keep pushing food down my throat. I make sure I eat at least something every 3 hours with the help of alarm on my cellphone. Mostly it is not much (some nuts, fruit, maybe a piece of chicken or boiled egg), but it's better than nothing.

I even talked to my bf about the issue and he makes sure that I:
1. Take my multivitamin daily
2. Get enough sugar in my system from his mocha's
3. Always have something snackable (wow, just made up a new word) around
4. Don't carry anything heavier than my purse (maybe my briefcase)

He thinks it's a good thing, kind of a "tough love" lesson about the importance of eating for me. Like my body is saying "So you don't wanna eat? Great! I won't let you function! Period!"

Oh, and the reason I was away for this long was that I've plugged in my desktop just now, and I don't access this forum from my laptop since many people have access to it.

Fattie

Back to top Go down

Post by blackrainbow Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:01 am

How are you feeling now that you're eating more regularly? How's the new place? Do you love it?
blackrainbow
blackrainbow
Admin

http://blackrainbow60.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fattie Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:12 pm

Well, the most important thing: no more fainting spells. I'm still struggling to eat enough, but I'm managing somehow. Appetite is not back yet, so I'm practically forcing myself, but I know I need it to function properly.

And I wrote about the new place [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Fattie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum