Eating Disorder Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recovery help

3 posters

Go down

Recovery help Empty Recovery help

Post by LuminaBelle Wed May 23, 2012 8:45 am

I've gained enough weight now that I'm just in the healthy weight range, but I'm having consequences of malnourishment from before.

Even though I'm in the lowest healthy weight range, 105lbs, Everything is kind of like loose, for lack of a better word. And I have cellulite on the back of my thighs and stuff. I'm guessing my body "ate" my muscle while I was underweight, because I don't look as slim at my weight as I did before my eating disorder. I'm all fat and no muscle.

I've been trying to tone, but it doesn't seem to be doing anything and its discouraging. How long will it take to get my muscle back? What can I do to help it along, in terms of eating and exercises? I'm starting to sink back into old habits again because I get panicky, you know? Is it true I have to eat a ton when I'm a runner and am now doing some toning? That would be hard for me to get myself to do!
LuminaBelle
LuminaBelle

Back to top Go down

Recovery help Empty Re: Recovery help

Post by lalalouise Thu May 24, 2012 3:16 am

Do you think its possible that you're still looking at your body in a disordered way? I doubt you have cellulite on your thighs are 105lbs. I have no idea on how long it will take you to get your muscle back though. I think you have to find the right workout and diet for you. Do you lift weights? If you are just doing cardio, that wont help you tone/bulk up muscle much.

Sorry, im not much help at all. I just know that my arms are sort of muscly from the cross trainer and swimming lol. Congrats on sticking with recovery. Smile

lalalouise

Back to top Go down

Post by blackrainbow Thu May 24, 2012 3:27 am

Hey my husband's big into exercise and I used to follow his healthy tips etc. At my LW I was really muscular. I did cardio, but nothing major. I did loads and loads of weights. I did all the body building stuff with him, just with smaller weights. Also lots of lunges. Swimming is brilliant and I know people who swear by Pilates. As for food, lots and lots of protein and healthy fats. Lots of chicken and fish and yoghurts. At my LW I ate almost nothing but mackerel with cous cous and yoghurts. And protein bars when I could handle the calories.
blackrainbow
blackrainbow
Admin

http://blackrainbow60.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Recovery help Empty recovery blog

Post by kate f Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:46 am

Just wanted to throw out my blog, 365 reasons to recovery, out there for some recovery inspiration. whyrecover.wordpress.com

I hope it helps!

Keep fighting the good fight.

kate f

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down