Eating Disorder Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lonely Easter

5 posters

Go down

Lonely Easter Empty Lonely Easter

Post by Fattie Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:32 am

So, since I belong to different tradition, we are celebrating Easter this weekend. I love holidays and I was looking forward to this one as well... I bought enough eggs, dyes, brushes and everything else I needed to prepare beautiful Easter eggs.

And then, I found out that my bf is going to visit his kids, my best friend is going to his parents (outside the city), my colleague-friend is spending it with her hubby and kids, two of my high school friends didn't even bother to call (I was their bridesmaid/maid of honor), etc. I've just finished dying eggs, showered (because I always get all messed up), and now I'm thinking about my Easter... And it depresses me badly...

My bf finishes his training in an hour and we are supposed to meet and hang out or go somewhere or whatever... I'm too depressed for anything. And he reads me well 1on1 and I don't want him to miss the Easter with his children because of my childish desires... Yet, if he would see me now, he'd know something is wrong and wouldn't stop until I "confess"... The last thing I want to be is needy and clingy, but somehow this holiday is hitting me hard...

Fattie

Back to top Go down

Lonely Easter Empty Re: Lonely Easter

Post by blackrainbow Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:46 am

Ah hun I'm sorry Sad It's bad when you have an expectation for something and then things out of your control mean things don't work out that way. You should tell your bf how you're feeling because he'll get it out of you anyway. He won't think you're being silly or childish or clingy because that's not the case at all. How did you spend your Easter last year? Do you have any other friends who will be alone this Easter? Why not give them a call and see what their plans are? Otherwise, are there any events at the Church you could go to or help out with? I'm not sure how often you go to church, but just an idea
blackrainbow
blackrainbow
Admin

http://blackrainbow60.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fattie Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:48 am

Last year, I've spent Easter with my ex... Baaaaaad experience... At his mom's house - even worse.

Yes, I'll go to church, I'll go to the orphanage and take some gifts there (some regular and chocolate Easter eggs, chocolate bunnies, some toys and clothes, etc. - I do that every year)... I'll also be driving around the city, looking for homeless people, giving them "packages" (Easter eggs, some food, my "old" clothing - also my tradition)

The thing is - Easter lunch... It's a big thing here... Well, since I didn't cook lamb (traditional), I'll be sharing radishes with my bunny... I'll get most of the red parts, and he'll get both reds and greens...

I've ditched my bf for tonight - I've told him I was tired etc. Now I'm finishing a bottle of vine... The next one is waiting in the cupboard... Not so bad, since all I've had today is a bite of fish and a bit of potato salad (potatoes, onions, garlic, vinegar, drop of oil)...

Most of my friends are married... The ones that are not live with their parents... Both meaning - family setting... And I wish I could cook lamb for someone...

Fattie

Back to top Go down

Post by blackrainbow Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:02 am

I wish I lived closer, you could cook me lamb and I could play with your bunny
blackrainbow
blackrainbow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by savewater Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:01 pm

Fattie, your Easter sounds lovely. All those kind and caring things you are doing for other people! I'm sorry you'll be without the ones you love on a day that is special to you, but I think your traditions are amazingly selfless and wonderful.
savewater
savewater

Back to top Go down

Post by lalalouise Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:09 am

I agree ^

lalalouise

Back to top Go down

Post by Fattie Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:02 pm

Well, my grandma had taught me that when you share (we use the same word for sharing and dividing in our language), you "multiply". The more I shared, the more returns I had seen - material, emotional, you name it... We had that tradition since I can remember. Before Xmas and Easter, we would do a big cleaning, ending up with quite a bit of "old" clothes, but still quite decent - the rule was: if you didn't wear it for a year, give it away. So, we would prepare gift bags and take them to the ones that were in need.

My bf had realized that I'll be alone on Easter, so he made the plan... We had coffee this morning together in his local coffee shop, and he went to sleep. He woke up, picked me up, we went for our regular Saturday night clubbing. He just dropped me off and hit the road. His kids live with their mom some 2 hours away from the city, so he'll be there early in the morning, for Easter breakfast.

So, by the time I wake up, go to church and orphanage and start cooking lamb (last minute shopping today), he'll return. We'll have the traditional Easter lunch together, and then get in my car for "sharing spree". He gave me a bag of his old clothes today, so I could prepare some extra gift bags for males. He said he always wanted to do that...

I thought I'd be drowning my sorrow in wine and tears on Easter... It turned out the other way... And not because I was begging etc. This one might be a keeper...

Fattie

Back to top Go down

Post by Samzi Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:29 pm

Oh that is so sweet of him! I am so happy that it is working out. I do some charity work myself and never throw anything away unless it is un donatable, it makes me feel better about myself helping others.
Samzi
Samzi

Back to top Go down

Post by blackrainbow Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:27 pm

Aww I'm so pleased. He is definitely a keeper Smile
blackrainbow
blackrainbow
Admin

Back to top Go down