Eating Disorder Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No middle ground?

3 posters

Go down

No middle ground? Empty No middle ground?

Post by Samzi Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:31 am

I feel like there is so middle ground on things, like either I feel like I am binging or just eating too much or I am fighting every bite that goes into my mouth and crying over it. Why can't there be a middle ground...or why can't I just stick to one freaking side of this instead of bouncing around. It is mentally exausting.
Samzi
Samzi

Back to top Go down

No middle ground? Empty Re: No middle ground?

Post by blackrainbow Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:22 am

That's just how I am. With my BPD, everything is so black and white, everything is one way or the other. There is no middle for me. It's horrible. I wish I could tell you what to do or find a way to make you feel better, but I feel the same way myself. Just know that it is a normal thing and you're not on your own
blackrainbow
blackrainbow
Admin

http://blackrainbow60.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fattie Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:28 am

I think we're all on the same page here...

No matter how much I try, I simply cannot find "middle ground" - normal eating and healthy exercise. One thing that bothers me the most is my belief that, since I'm fat, it's impolite for me to eat in public. So being in public a lot (my work, social life, etc.) gets me to the point of getting home late at night after eating maybe a piece of fruit or some plain yogurt, and then... Huh...

They say it's the thing of control... And the control is one thing I feel I'm lacking in all this...

Fattie

Back to top Go down

Post by blackrainbow Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:35 am

Yeah, I don't completely understand the control thing. I mean, I have a lot of control in my life, in my career, in my relationships. However, I feel like I have no control over my feelings or my eating. I don't mind eating in public so much, but in front of people I know, like at work, I hate.
blackrainbow
blackrainbow
Admin

http://blackrainbow60.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fattie Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:57 am

There are several scenes in movies about ED describing that "eating in public" thing. Whenever I eat in public, I can almost hear people whispering "Oh, look at that fat girl, stuffing her face!" Somehow, I end up believing that I'd better skip lunch when working somewhere (not from my home office), saying I have some errands to do. Rationally, I know it would be better if I ate something, since that situation (skipping breakfast or better yet announcing few drops of milk in my coffee to be my breakfast; skipping lunch) gets me to binge when I finally come home... In fact, if I have a piece of fruit in the morning and a light lunch (soup, for instance; or grilled chicken breast), my dinner boils down to some light cottage cheese or plain yogurt or salad.

I just wish I could be normal around food...

Fattie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum