Eating Disorder Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Periods

+3
Samzi
Weightlessgummiez
blackrainbow
7 posters

Go down

Periods Empty Periods

Post by blackrainbow Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:40 am

Mine last now for 2 days and it's not heavy. I always had quite normal-heavy periods which would last around 6/7 days. I'm not really sure when they started getting less... It's all a blur really. Next month will be one year bulimic. Do you think it will affect my fertility? I'm not ready for a baby. I don't think I ever will be. But I do get curious about it. I like the novelty of it, the cutesiness. But I'd make an awful mother
blackrainbow
blackrainbow
Admin

http://blackrainbow60.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Periods Empty Re: Periods

Post by Weightlessgummiez Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:03 pm

Mines very short and normally very light... I miss not having one though... meh...

It's really hard to have a baby if you lose your period, so if it's getting jacked up i would imagine it's affecting fertility

Weightlessgummiez

http://www.tumblr.com/dashboard

Back to top Go down

Post by Samzi Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:18 pm

Mine went from hell to managable since my relapse around this time last year. Like, from cramps that kept me in bed and going threw a box of tampons every month. I was on the pill for it but then went om a health kick and came off it. Now they are much lighter, next to no cramps and maybe 4 days long. I think I will be one of the people that lose it at a weird weight, like while I still have a normal bmi.

I would think it might be causing problems, perhaps discuss the change with your gyno...without mentioning your ed....just call it weight loss for becoming more active.
Samzi
Samzi

Back to top Go down

Post by blackrainbow Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:39 pm

I'm not sure if contraception may be a factor. I was taking contraception from the age of 14 right until the age of 22, but I don't take anything now. Two days is probably still short though? The odd thing is I never used to get cramps before, but now I get them and sometimes I even take something for them... I don't know why it's bothering me really. I don't like periods and I'm in no rush to get pregnant, but if I did I'd want to be able to realise by actually having a period to miss, ya know? I may mention it to my doctor. My doctor situation is a bit in the air at the moment. I'm trying to find one I like... meh
blackrainbow
blackrainbow
Admin

http://blackrainbow60.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by existentialgirl Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:24 pm

Mine haven't been affected...

existentialgirl

Back to top Go down

Post by NomiStar Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:36 pm

I hate my period. It's never been affected and I'm kind of glad because I want to have kids, but a lot of the time I wish it was gone partly because it'll 'prove' something but also just because I absolutely hate it. When I'm on my immune system is shot so I come down with whatever virus or bug is going around, and I get headaches and horrid cramps.
NomiStar
NomiStar

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Elsa~ Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:34 am

Mine haven't changed yet . . though if they do it's probably just as likely to be my age as it is my ED. I can't get PG w/out medical assistance anyway, so mine are just a (dreaded) monthly reminder of one more thing that sucks about my body. Crying or Very sad
~Elsa~
~Elsa~

Back to top Go down

Post by Fattie Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:31 am

First of all, there is no such thing as "normal period" - just usual one for the particular person. So, if anything unusual happens (periods getting lighter/heavier, etc) - something must be going on.

Before the pill, my periods were medium to heavy; now they are light and keeping to that level.

They say that fat cells are also used to store some "spare" progesterone (female reproductive hormone) and that its production is decreased when body enters "starvation mode". So, when we lose weight the way(s) we do, we are both depleting progesterone reserves and halting its production. Come to think of it - it makes complete sense. In ancient ages, if a female would be starving, the last thing she would need is pregnancy - so her body made sure it doesn't happen in order to survive.

Fattie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum