Eating Disorder Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RECOVERY IS POSSIBLE!!

Go down

RECOVERY IS POSSIBLE!! Empty RECOVERY IS POSSIBLE!!

Post by Lemon07 Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:47 pm

I wanted to send an encouraging post, to those who may be currently sufffering with any eating disorders. As I spent a year and a half (about 2 yrs ago), battling a EDNOS.

I was living abroad, and was lonely, overwhelmed, and felt a loss of control, so I turned to food, as a way to regain some control of my life.

I left my familiar hometown, to move across the world to England, where my whole routine and schedule and friends and family were disrupted. I experienced severe loneliness, and loss of structure, that I slowly started to cut down on the amount I was eating. I slowly started to eat less and less - as a way to "punish" myself, although I did not think of it at the time. I also joined a gym, and became obsessed with working out. I'm talking, could not live with myself if I missed even one workout. After about a year of not eating enough,  actually started to gain weight!! Not lose!! THAT"s when I knew I had a real problem.
If I ate a big meal, I would get so bloated, I could hardly zip up my pants.

I finally made the decision to move home, and focus on getting healthy.

I had to quit my job, as I knew recovery was not going to be possible overseas.

That was a very difficult couple months of my life. I never told anyone (besides my ex), so I turned to online eating disorder websites. That is why I would like to give back, to let you know, years down the road, that recovery is possible!

I went to a nutritionist, who told me, I had no problems with food - but what I had problems with are the 'psycological aspects' of food. That's when I finally went to the library, and got all the books I could find on ED, and realized, I was replacing relationships with people, with food.

As soon as I got to the heart of the problem, it opened my eyes, and thus began the hardest period of my life. I joined fitday.com, to make sure I got ENOUGH calories - no cheating. It was TOUGH to force myself, but within 6months, my body was back up and running!! My metabolism took about a full year to recover (I thought FOR SURE I had ruined my body for good - NOT the case!). NOT that this should motivate you, but I know eat ice cream almost every day, haagen daaz and I am skinnier than I have ever been.

Believe me when I say, it is worth it, to get to the bottom of why you are not eating, and solve the problem behind it.

Once you do, your body will fix itself, and you will feel better than you ever have. From someone who never thought it could happen, I'm telling you, it's possible..and very, very likely...

Warm wishes on your recovery.

xxx

Lemon07

Back to top Go down