Eating Disorder Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do you react when you see anorexic people?

3 posters

Go down

How do you react when you see anorexic people? Empty How do you react when you see anorexic people?

Post by blackrainbow Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:35 am

I was out all day yesterday watching dressage at the Paralympics. We had really good seats, so we stayed there for the whole session (about 7 and a half hours). As did the family in front of us. The girl was maybe late teens possibly early twenties and definitely anorexic. She was soooo skinny. And I hope this doesn't sound rude, but she dressed like an anorexic (like clothes that hid her body and looked too young for her). Also she had lanugo all over her back and her skin was bad and her hair was really thinned. Also for the whole time she didn't eat or drink anything and it was so hot and sunny. Then when my husband started talking to me about ED things she was listening in too knowingly, so I steered the conversation away from anything triggering. Anyway, she looked so delicate and I felt sorry for her, but at the same time I was really jealous. She looked ill, really ill, but she looked beautiful too and I found myself feeling jealous and wishing I could look like that. Now I'm having to fight really hard to stop myself from restricting or purging
blackrainbow
blackrainbow
Admin

http://blackrainbow60.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

How do you react when you see anorexic people? Empty Re: How do you react when you see anorexic people?

Post by Fattie Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:05 am

Since I live near two faculties (uni departments), I often see young ladies - and some of them could be categorized anorexic. I feel the mix of envy and compassion. And it usually gets me into heavy restricting.

Make sure you stay strong and don't let this experience steer you off your recovery path! xxx

Fattie

Back to top Go down

How do you react when you see anorexic people? Empty Re: How do you react when you see anorexic people?

Post by lalalouise Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:20 am

It sounds weird but i dont see any anorexic people in my town. I know there will be alot of people suffering from ED's, but i dont see any scarily skinny people. My town is so small but they recently opened up an inpatient house for ED's.

When i was on holiday, i sat next to this woman, probably late 20's, who was clearly suffering from anorexia. I felt so sorry for her, she looked like a little child and her face was so gaunt. But at the same time i feel jealous, like why cant i ever be that thin.

lalalouise

Back to top Go down

Post by blackrainbow Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:53 am

I feel like on me it would look nice, but on other people I feel bad for them because I can see they're sick and that it's not healthy. I suppose I notice more people living in a city. and when I go to the clinic and there are other people in the waiting room that's hard. Especially the children and the teenagers
blackrainbow
blackrainbow
Admin

http://blackrainbow60.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fattie Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:42 am

blackrainbow wrote:I feel like on me it would look nice, but on other people I feel bad for them because I can see they're sick and that it's not healthy.

This! For instance, if I could go down to some 100 pounds, it would be AMAZING, but I'd worry for anyone @ that weight and my height...

Fattie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum