Eating Disorder Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are your banned foods?

3 posters

Go down

What are your banned foods? Empty What are your banned foods?

Post by blackrainbow Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:59 am

My recovery homework this week was to make a list of my danger foods. I thought it would be really small, but when I wrote it out, I was quite surprised actually. Also my bad foods don't look like they make sense, but to me, they do. So just wondered what everyone's danger foods are. Mine are
Banana
Avocado
Olives
Potato
Butter
Yoghurt
Cheese
Egg yolk
Fruit juice
Pasta
Pie
Bread
Porridge
Cereal
Baked beans
Peanut butter
Cream crackers
Nuts
Normal size chocolate bars
Any chocolate over 100 calories
Stew
Corned beef hash
Fish and chips
Apple crumble/apple pie
Soda bread
Curry
Bagels
blackrainbow
blackrainbow
Admin

http://blackrainbow60.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

What are your banned foods? Empty Re: What are your banned foods?

Post by lalalouise Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:22 am

I'm really faddy, so my list of foods aren't that broad because i don't like a variety of food anyway.

So.. bananas, butter, scones, crisps, bakes potatoes, burger buns, anything frozen like chicken dippers/gridlers etc that's high cal, oven chips, cakes, sausage rolls, anything in big tins that are high cal like soup & beans, pineapple, fruit juice, chocolate, biscuits and rice.

I think im getting slightly better at eating more high calorie things if i feel like i can compensate for it by not going over my calories for the day, or if i can exercise it off. But i wont touch things that have a high fat content.

lalalouise

Back to top Go down

Post by blackrainbow Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:26 am

I don't eat fruit or soup either, but they're not banned. I just save them for when I'm punishing myself and I'll go on just fruit or just soup diet
blackrainbow
blackrainbow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Elsa~ Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:37 pm

I think it would be easier to list the foods I'm okay with, than the ones I'm not, lol.

That said, I'll give it a shot. My bad stuff . . .
Bakery stuff (scones, cakes, rolls, bread, pastries, cookies, etc),
Pizza/Pasta (the carbs, cheese and mystery sauce combo), rice, ice cream, candy, chips,
cereal (except for Kashi GoLean original), crackers (except for goldfish, those
are safe), dips/sauces/dressings, mystery meat (aka: sausage - wtf is in there?),
fried/breaded meat (fried/breaded anything, really), dairy, egg yolks,
fruit juice.

Really, if it's processed and/or has refined carbs, high sodium,
bad/high fat, or is a high sugar fruit or starchy veggie (corn,
potatoes), it's out. The only exceptions to that are the goldfish
crackers, Kashi cereal, and chocolate chips. I can make those work in small amounts.

lalalouise wrote:
I think im getting slightly better at eating more high calorie things if i feel like i can compensate for it by not going over my calories for the day, or if i can exercise it off. But i wont touch things that have a high fat content.

I'll do this, but with higher fat foods, vs higher carb foods. The carbs freak me out more than the fat.

Lorna, bananas, olives, nuts, and avocado (small amounts) recently made it on to my safe list - mostly because I'm freaking out about sport injuries and my hair looking like crap. Vanity for the win, I guess. Embarassed
~Elsa~
~Elsa~

Back to top Go down

Post by blackrainbow Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:37 am

For me fruit is for punishment not for nourishment, so if the fruit has high calories, it's not allowed. Only downside, olives and avocados are two of my favourite foods. I take a multivitamin every day and think that will do the trick. I don't overstress on calories or fat, I just like 'small' foods that don't fill me up too much. I want the empty feeling more than anything
blackrainbow
blackrainbow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down