Eating Disorder Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Normal disordered behaviour?

+3
charleychipmunk
lalalouise
blackrainbow
7 posters

Go down

Normal disordered behaviour? Empty Normal disordered behaviour?

Post by blackrainbow Thu May 10, 2012 4:10 am

Am I the only one to do this?

Well, I don't count calories, not much. Like, I know how many calories are in absolutely everything, as I'm sure most people do, but I don't limit my calories or anything. For me, when I'm restricting, it's more important for me to not eat much food, like volume/amount of food. For example, if I have one bar of chocolate and that's the only thing I eat all day, I feel good. It will only be about 20g of food and say 250 calories. But, if I were to eat 250 calories of say, fruit, that's a lot of fruit. And I'll feel awful and full and uncomfortable. Does this even make sense? I think what I'm trying to say, is that for me it's not about calories or fat content or even to a degree weight loss/gain - it's about the empty feeling. That's what I'm striving towards.
blackrainbow
blackrainbow
Admin

http://blackrainbow60.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Normal disordered behaviour? Empty Re: Normal disordered behaviour?

Post by lalalouise Thu May 10, 2012 8:06 pm

Ohh, no im opposite lol. I count calories in everything. If i dont know whats in something, i will go out of my way to find out, or simply wont touch it. I limit my calories when i can get away with it, which is most days except Fri.

I prefer to have a big bowl of fruit that is like 200 cals, than something small that is the same. It is alot of fruit, but it doesnt have any fat or unhealthy things in it like say chocolate. If i fill up on fruit, it makes me not binge on anything else.

lalalouise

Back to top Go down

Post by charleychipmunk Fri May 11, 2012 12:06 am

I always count calories. If I don't know the calorie content of something I won't touch it

charleychipmunk

Back to top Go down

Post by LRT Fri May 11, 2012 12:15 am

I always calorie count, I can't eat unless I count everything
LRT
LRT

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Elsa~ Fri May 11, 2012 9:58 am

Another calorie counter here, and I'm obsessed with healthy food. I freak out when I eat crap no matter how much it is. I want it though. *Really* want it. I just try not to eat it.
~Elsa~
~Elsa~

Back to top Go down

Post by blackrainbow Sat May 12, 2012 5:10 am

My mind's just so messed up. For example, one of my favourite foods is olives, but for a fruit, they are high in calories, so I avoid eating them. Olives are a bad food. But say a frozen yoghurt which is low in calories (compared to ice cream) is a good food. Yet, the fro-yo is more calories than the olives!
blackrainbow
blackrainbow
Admin

http://blackrainbow60.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Samzi Sun May 20, 2012 1:26 pm

NO! I am with you. I didn't really think about it until I was being offered breakfast the other morning my the bf and he offered me cereal and yogurt and I kept saying it was too much, he said he understood and offered a bite sized browne and I took it.
Samzi
Samzi

Back to top Go down

Post by NomiStar Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:13 pm

I'm a bit of both I think. I'll obsessively calorie count, but I also want the small amounts. So with dinner, I'll eat a small amount, and not eat more salad, even though it won't add more calories really, because of the amount of food going on the plate.
NomiStar
NomiStar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum