Eating Disorder Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Talk me out of it someone please

4 posters

Go down

Talk me out of it someone please Empty Talk me out of it someone please

Post by blackrainbow Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:07 am

I really want to start restricting again. I feel so fat. I feel like I'm constantly eating and I'm always full. I hate it. I don't want this stuff inside me. I want that pure, empty feeling again Sad I know that I'm actually eating less by having regular meals and snacks, compared to when I was bingeing almost daily. But at least the binges were over a short time period and once I'd purged, I'd feel nice and empty again. I keep trying to tell myself that once my metabolism gets used to regular eating, I will lose weight, but I don't want to wait for it. I feel enormous. It's as if I can feel myself bursting out of my skin. I am in exactly the right frame of mind at the moment to restrict and I have so much opportunity, it's unreal. It would be so easy. Please, please convince me not to
blackrainbow
blackrainbow
Admin

http://blackrainbow60.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Talk me out of it someone please Empty Re: Talk me out of it someone please

Post by LRT Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:22 pm

Lorna, please do not restrict, it's not worth it !!!!

I nearly collapsed due to restriction, my heart threw out the biggest palpation I have ever felt and it was the most scariest moments of my life, I was home alone too !!!!

What if you do restrict and continue treatment, you will only be made to put the weight back on.

When I started therapy, I had been going through the worst binge & purge cycle I have ever been through, Once I went onto regular eating, I lost weight, as I wasn't binging as much.

Please don't do it !!! try to just eat at regular times, yes I felt full and huge for a time, but it does get better and you do get used do it, Yes I did bloat, but it all settled down once your body was back used to you eating at regular times.

You can do this, If I can do this any one can do it xxxxxx
LRT
LRT

Back to top Go down

Post by blackrainbow Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:13 am

How long did it take for your weight and everything to calm down?
blackrainbow
blackrainbow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LRT Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:45 am

For the weight it was a couple of weeks, for the bloating etc well that's a hard one as I found out my body wasn't accepting gluten in the middle but the bloating took a couple of weeks to settle down, I still on the odd day have a little bloating and of course on the lead up to my period I get bloating but apart from that it seems to have settled down.

My psychologist said it could take upto 6 weeks to settle down.
LRT
LRT

Back to top Go down

Post by lalalouise Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:18 am

My metab is fucked. Just think, your eating less like you said and will start losing once your metab decides to like you again.

I can restrict for however long i like, and will not lose a pound. So in the end, its not really worth it anyway is it?

lalalouise

Back to top Go down

Post by blackrainbow Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:01 am

Thanks babe. I know I just need to wait for my metabolism to even out. Just impatient I guess
blackrainbow
blackrainbow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MeWithAn_ED Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:24 am

Don't. Seriously. It's not worth it! My metabolism is still sorting itself out too. When I first started to eat normally, I seriously felt like a balloon. I was all bloated and disgusting and felt awful. But, it's getting better. It just takes time. I know it's frustrating to hear but it's true. Restricting will only make things worse in the future. It'll lead to binges, and then purges, and you'll get back into the cycle.
MeWithAn_ED
MeWithAn_ED

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down