Eating Disorder Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You ever tell a stranger?

4 posters

Go down

You ever tell a stranger? Empty You ever tell a stranger?

Post by blackrainbow Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:32 am

Very few people know about my ED. My husband knows, my 2 best girlfriends (and their partners) know and that's it. The only other people who know are my professionals and I've never had to tell a stranger except medical staff... anyway just now I was having my driving lesson. It is only my second lesson and the first time we only talked about driving because we only had an hour. Today we were talking and I said a few things and then it lead on to me casually saying, 'I'm on this new diet at the moment which is difficult to get used to' and she was like 'Oh but you're not fat. Surely you don't have a weight problem. You don't look overweight' I didn't pull over and kiss her although I wanted to. I just blurted out 'I'm bulimic' and she was totally cool with it and we just chatted away. I am such a private/secretive person I can't believe I told her. Yeah. Very odd. I don't know how I feel about it now. Anyone had any similar experiences
blackrainbow
blackrainbow
Admin

http://blackrainbow60.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

You ever tell a stranger? Empty Re: You ever tell a stranger?

Post by lalalouise Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:21 am

Nope, definitely not. Theres been times when ive wanted to tell people but ive never once seriously thought about it. I guess with your driving instructor is that theres no harm in telling her. Shes not going to tell anyone and shes too busy ripping you off £20 to say anything haha. Anyone i would tell would probably tell my mum or spread it around. Im sure all my friends at uni know. I sit there with 3 crackers at dinner while there all eating junk food. :p

lalalouise

Back to top Go down

Post by Fattie Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:22 am

Some 2-3 months ago, I was confronted by my boyfriend and the rest of that crowd. I didn't quite admit to all of them, but I also couldn't deny everything.

The only person I initiated conversation with was my friend from uni. She saw me through my highest and lowest... I didn't spill my guts, but I've told her about my behavior. She said that she suspected something, but would not asked me because I'm very private.

Fattie

Back to top Go down

Post by existentialgirl Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:38 am

You guys are the only people that know. I don't really share details about my life with strangers, but I find it easier to talk to someone I'm not really close to about stuff because I feel like they are less likely to hurt me by betraying me.

existentialgirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum