Been thinking about it again

Go down

Been thinking about it again Empty Been thinking about it again

Post by Samzi on Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:03 pm

I've not self harmed since the end of April. This would be an amazing thing but I've gone months, years without and always came back to it. As the stress of my life is changing and the lovely winter weather is changing I'm thinking about it again. I've not done it, but I've found myself fantasizing about it at random points in the day or laying in bed thinking about it when I can't sleep. I'm not sure wtf is wrong with me. Anyone else ever get like this?
Samzi
Samzi

Back to top Go down

Been thinking about it again Empty Re: Been thinking about it again

Post by existentialgirl on Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:48 am

I get like that sometimes. I used to self harm to take my anger out on myself and when I don't for a while, I take it out on someone else who usually doesn't deserve it. When I get really angry, I think about it a lot. I wish I could say it's been a while, but while I haven't cut myself in a while, I still self harm in other ways when I get angry. It's a hard thing to stop completely. No matter how long it's been, there are always times when you think about it. You're really strong Sam. You've gone longer than I've ever been able to without self harming. I'm always here for if you need to talk or anything <3

existentialgirl

Back to top Go down

Post by blackrainbow on Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:36 pm

I haven't cut since the 28th March, but I think about it all the time too. Not even when I'm depressed or angry, just all the time. I don't know how I've managed not to to be honest. Stubbornness I guess because I told myself I wouldn't do it again. Now when I get a strong urge, I think of other things I can do to regulate my emotions. I have a long list that I got off my therapist and I work through that or I distract myself or remove myself from situations where I can cut. Like go for a walk or be around other people. When I feel like that I don't tell myself I can't cut, I just say I'm going to try this, this and this first and if it doesn't work, I can cut/purge/binge etc. By the time I've done everything, the urge has gone

blackrainbow
Admin

http://blackrainbow60.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum